ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — The Denver Broncos are planning several tributes to former running back Floyd Little on Saturday as he is inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio.
Little’s Hall of Fame enshrinement will be broadcast for fans on the Thundervision video screens at INVESCO Field at Mile High following the team’s stadium practice from 6-8 p.m. that evening.
Broncos players also will wear helmet decals featuring Little’s retired ‘44’ jersey number during both practices that day.
“I’m thrilled to be sharing this experience with the fans that will be coming out to INVESCO Field at Mile High,” Little said. “In my Hall of Fame speech, I’ll talk about Broncos fans who I feel are the best fans in the world. I truly was blessed to be a Bronco for my entire life. I just want to say, ‘thank you,’ to the fans for all of the support and loyalty they have given me all these years.”
Little is set to become the third Bronco who played a significant portion of his career in Denver to be enshrined into the Pro Football Hall of Fame, joining quarterback John Elway and offensive tackle Gary Zimmerman.
Selected by Denver with the sixth overall pick in the 1967 draft from Syracuse University, Little was the first No. 1 draft choice to sign with the Broncos. He played nine seasons for the organization and made five All-Star appearances from 1967-75 (3 Pro Bowls, 2 AFL All-Star). The running back completed his career ranked seventh on the NFL’s all-time rushing list (6,323 yards) and eighth on its all-time combined yards list (12,173 yards) at the time of his retirement.
A 1984 Broncos Ring of Fame inductee, Little led the team in rushing for a club-record seven consecutive seasons from 1967-73, including 1971 when he captured the NFL’s rushing crown with 1,133 yards. His eight years with at least 1,000 combined yards tied for second in league history at the time of his retirement and currently rank second in Broncos annals.
Please see below for fan and media information about Saturday evening’s practice at INVESCO Field at Mile High:
* - Admission and parking are free. Parking is available in all stadium lots with the exception of Lots F, H, I and N. Gates will open at 5 p.m.
* - Fans are encouraged to arrive early to avoid delays entering the stadium as a large crowd is expected. Last year, the 13,402 fans who watched the Broncos’ training camp practice at INVESCO Field at Mile High represented the largest practice attendance in franchise history.
* - Entry to the stadium will be through Gates 4 and 10. The standard stadium bag and prohibited item policy will be in place. Bags must be soft-sided and no larger than 12” x 12” x 12”. Non-alcoholic beverages in plastic bottles that are still factory sealed are permitted through stadium gates.
* - Seating for the practice is general admission. Fans will be directed to the seating areas of the stadium that will be open.
* - The Broncos will practice in full pads, and the session will include several ‘live’ periods. Broncos radio play-by-play announcer Dave Logan (850 KOA) will emcee the event for the crowd.
* - Broncos cheerleaders and alumni will be available to sign autographs for fans starting at 5 p.m. at Gate 9 of the stadium.
* - A Broncos Kids Zone will be set up at the Sports Legends Mall at the south entrance of the stadium with inflatables and other activities for kids for kids to participate in.
* - Media will enter the stadium through the north tunnel (same as on gamedays). Their training camp credential will grant them access to the facility.
* - The press box will be open to the media beginning at 4 p.m. Members of the media are welcome to watch the entire practice from that area.
* - Similar to practices at the club’s training facility, there will be a 15-minute photography period at the start of practice. Following that period, members of the media may watch the remainder of practice in the press box or wait for its conclusion in the photographers’ workroom.
* - Live shots from within the stadium can only take place during the photography period and must be conducted with limited setup (lighting, equipment, etc.).
* - Interviews with members of the Broncos will take place at the end of practice.